Search the forum,

Discuss Replace pipe under conservatory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mar

Posted a thread before registering that's since been closed, issue is a burst pipe on a shared main where our tee off has had a conservatory built over it. Dug up the pipe on both sides and found a black 63mm pipe but since digging closer to the shared toby I've discovered that there is a blue 32mm pipe running through the 63mm like a duct.

I Intend to replace the section under the conservatory and route a new stopcock Into a different part of the house.

Any ideas how to go about replacing the section without bursting the conservatory foundation?

On the other thread someone suggested ripping it out with a lift pull but I'm not sure how to go about that to be honest.

The problem will be with tee piece, being larger than pipe, and in this case duct.
The dimensions now given would not allow chain of sufficient capacity to "bully" the fitting
through the foundations.
Probe from either end, find position of fitting. This will determine your options.

I think the tee will be in the middle of a 6m wide slab cos that's where the stopcock is in the kitchen. I'm about ready to face that I need to trench all the way around it lacking a better idea.

Right, an update, been busy all day digging up the pipe from the toby all the way to the conservatory n now know what I'm dealing with, its 32mm blue pipe from the toby then about half way along there's a big coupling onto the black 63mm pipe that runs all the way under the conservatory and out the other side.

Would it be feasible to tee off the 32mm and run another piece of 32 through the 63 or will the existing tee stop it?

Don't know if its worth mentioning but what comes Into the kitchen stopcock at the moment is an old lead pipe.

Provided pipe is 32mm on one side you will lose nothing by making it 32mm all through.
The new pipe can be dragged through the old 63mm and any internal formers at the tee piece. Bevel the outer edges of new pipe to help ride past obstructions. Be prepared to rotate pipe for same purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace pipe under conservatory in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Winner
Hi all, I joined today and am a newbie at plumbing DIY. Thought I'd share my experience replacing the stopcock under my sink. The old one looked very corroded around the tap handle. An Anglian Water engineer was at the property measuring my water pressure and flow rate. When he saw the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need to tell you about my system, and the problem I’ve been having. Just over 7years ago I had a new CH system installed in my small semi. I say new – in...
Replies
Views
What’s the correct way to replace a (jammed and leaking) stop-cock in an old and corroded ½ steel pipe without damaging the pipe? The pipe in question is a main water supply pipe for a house and dates from (I guess) the 1970s. It’s from a shared supply for myself and the neighbouring half dozen...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock