Search the forum,

Discuss Replace Honewell T40 with DT92e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

pigsfoot

Hi,
I am wanting to replace my T40 room stat with a DT92e... i thought it would be straight forward so just bought one only to find that i need a permanent live feed.

My current t40 room stat does have three wires

1 - switched live
2 - (request heat ) neutral
3 - ( no heat required ) neutral
4 - not used
Earth

The new DT92e needs

b - switched live
n - neutral
l - permanent live

then it looks like the permanent live is also connected to point A

I also have a DT90 upstairs ( our upstairs is controlled by its own room stat which is in a good position hence its a dt90 ), when i swapped this out from our old t40 i only needed two of the original three wires ( was originally wired as per above ), now it's just switched live and neutral.

I am thinking.... as the dt92e doesn't need the two switched neutrals could i use one of them and make it permanent live... trouble is i cant remember which neutral is needed ( heat on or off ).

All my cabling goes into a single junction box in my airing cupboard so i can swap bits around and will obviously label things correctly as one of the original (black ) neutrals will become permanent live... eekkkk

I know some will say just mount the sender in the airing cupboard but i want to try an avoid this as the house has been extended several times and the cupboard is quite away from where the digital room stat will be going in the living room, plus i don't really want to leave unused wiring in the walls.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rod

replace the t40 with a DT90.

t40
1-Live
2-neutral
3-switch live

DT90
A-Live
Neutral not required
B-Switch Live
Earth not needed

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace Honewell T40 with DT92e in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock