Discuss Replace concealed shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to replace a faulty Bristan valve as neither the valve nor cartridges are available. I will be getting a professional to replace it but have been given conflicting info about what manufacturer to use. I was looking at Crosswater but have been told that both these and Hudson Reed valves are not the best quality. I've also looked at Enki and Vado but know nothing about these. I have also seen some valves costing around the £500 mark advertised on line about £150 cheaper. That worries me in case they might be cheaper imports and not the genuine article.
Can anyone please provide some advice. Thanks

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately, there are no valves on the market with the same configuration ie. 3 controls with 3 way diverter, so the new valve will require some replumbing. Bristan don't have anything that looks similar to the original whereas the others do.

Yes, tried them and many others. Must have emailed Bristan at least a dozen times over 6 months.
Still not sure what to replace it with?

Bristan would be an alternative but all would require the same replumbing. But what can I say, my wife prefers one of the other makes. I just don't know which would provide the same quality.

any chance of a few pics?

the current/old valve

The reason I suggested a recognised brand is because you stand stand more of a chance getting spares if needed in the future. But everyone to there own.

I would not be happy with all the plastic fittings in my wall. I would change it all to copper and most 3 way valves I have seen look nothing like your old one. So some alterations will be needed anyway I believe.

That's OK, I'd get a plumber to do the necessary alterations to the piping. I know there are no valves with the same configuration. Most 3 way diverters now have 2 one side, 1 on the other side and temperature controls in the middle. As mentioned, I've looked at the Crosswater WS2100C and a Hidson Reed Kubix. But there are a number of others like Vado, Tre Mercati, Sagittarius Matisse, Carino, Phoenix, Adobe and Enki. I just don't know which would be the best choice. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Replace concealed shower valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back