Discuss repair small hole in plastic waste pipe. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Ignore this advice, please!

One tiny detail, when you have the two cut ends to join together just give them a rub with an abrasive paper or such to remove the shiny layer. It gives a better chance for the glue to be watertight when you push the pieces together.

Rooboo, it’s good that you’re keen. But please refrain from giving advice with great authority on subjects which you clearly lack knowledge - this applies to many threads but on this one your earlier advice to use duct tape would more than likely bring someone’s ceiling down or worse.

Rooboo, it’s good that you’re keen. But please refrain from giving advice with great authority on subjects which you clearly lack knowledge - this applies to many threads but on this one your earlier advice to use duct tape would more than likely bring someone’s ceiling down or worse.
No problem, thank you for the advice. I admit it was silly what I said earlier.

Reply to repair small hole in plastic waste pipe. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
My parents have a leak from kitchen sink. My dad removed waste trap and since refitted it leaks, but there wasn’t any kind of seal on it, I got a...
Replies
Views
Think I know the answer is no but asking just in case. I have a solvent weld bathroom waste with lots of connectors in it that disappears into...
Replies
Views
Hi All After having pooling water on my drive, I dug down around to find: Black pipe poly/plastic dug 450mm deep spraying water at mains...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock