Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rented property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sanke

I have just secured a contract managing a number of properties. Problem I have is I can't get copies a gas safety from previous plumber. Can I search & obtain these centrally anywhere ??
thanks

Hi resolute
no managing agents. Landlord looked after that side himself until now. Unfortunately never given his copy of certificate

Thought that might be the answer. So gs register don't hold info then ?

No don't notify for a service!!
Usually 3 copies, 1 stays at the property, 1 to Landlord / Agent, ! with engineer!!
Could ask the Tenants, but probably easier to cover your own butt and say if the landlord can't produce then you will go in soon as and re-test.

Cant see what difference it makes you have to do the job right everything needs checking and making sure its rightif you have the previous certs does that mean all your doing is copying rather than inspecting andcarrying out the right checks??

From what I have read tonight landlord must keep copies for two years Will be interesting when I chase them up

if you have the previous certs does that mean all your doing is copying rather than inspecting andcarrying out the right checks??

I don't think it means that at all.

If he has the old certs he will know what date the services are due on and can get them booked in to his diary at his leisure, but with out them he can't tell when they are due so now has to rearrange his schedule to fit the services as soon as! because basically if the landlord can't produce last years cert, that as good as saying "they aint been done for a while"

If he has the old certs he will know what date the services are due on and can get them booked in to his diary at his leisure, but with out them he can't tell when they are due so now has to rearrange his schedule to fit the services as soon as! because basically if the landlord can't produce last years cert, that as good as saying "they aint been done for a while"
Also would like to see if any faults identified & actioned or not ! Need to know if there are any problems that will trip me up

If the landlord has asked him to do them ask him when he wants them done and book them in then if he wants them doing as soon as then that tells you they are are either out of date or not been done i never ask for previous certs cos ionly trust myself, last person on the job is the person who has the responsibiility

If the landlord has asked him to do them ask him when he wants them done and book them in then if he wants them doing as soon as then that tells you they are are either out of date or not been done i never ask for previous certs cos ionly trust myself, last person on the job is the person who has the responsibiility
Exactly right.
If you had some old certificates to look at that doesn't mean the situation in those properties today is anything like what is described on the old certs.

Landlords don't like me, I pick up on all the faults that have not been previously identified. So end up working my way out of a job. Only work you will ever loose for doing it properly.

Exactly right.
If you had some old certificates to look at that doesn't mean the situation in those properties today is anything like what is described on the old certs.

But if the old cert is still in date it won't be his responsibility if there are faults until he visits for the first time, but a managing agent who doesn't have live Certs is to blame

be very thorough when you do them the first time as its always difficult to raise issues if youve done them before

I would explain to the landlord/agent that if no previous certs are available, then I would prefer to start working my way through them now irrespective of when they say they were last done (state company policy)
It may (short term) save them a couple of quid now, but at least it shows you are responsible/ conscientious and should put you in good stead with them . Also, explaining that any minor problems that are encountered now can be rectified before they could possibly turn into disasters, therfore saving them money

Obviously all the above is speculative as I know nothing of your situation (reputation of landlord/agent or ammount of properties)

I would explain to the landlord/agent that if no previous certs are available, then I would prefer to start working my way through them now irrespective of when they say they were last done (state company policy)
It may (short term) save them a couple of quid now, but at least it shows you are responsible/ conscientious and should put you in good stead with them . Also, explaining that any minor problems that are encountered now can be rectified before they could possibly turn into disasters, therfore saving them money

Obviously all the above is speculative as I know nothing of your situation (reputation of landlord/agent or ammount of properties)
You are so right, very professional approach. I go one step further and say I will not quote or be directly involved with the corrective works. Therefore impartial to the defective work. Still the client does not like it. Why? because it will cost them.

You are so right, very professional approach. I go one step further and say I will not quote or be directly involved with the corrective works. Therefore impartial to the defective work. Still the client does not like it. Why? because it will cost them.

It might work in his favour to say he won't quote for the remedial as you say he then can't be accused of doing it to get money, in fact the better he is at spotting the faults will give more money to one of his competitors who dies get the work, and if the landlord is OK they might see that as a good thing and give them the work,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rented property in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock