Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Rental Property - Replacement Gas Hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big Biff

Hi

I have now registered and I am posting this query as a member.

We have a gas hob in a rental property which was fitted prior to the current regulations regarding cabinets / extractors around / above the hob. This means that the Landlord's Gas Certificate has an advisory that the installation is not to current regulations.

The ignition on the hob has failed and we are considering a replacement hob. Can we fit a new hob without having to make changes to the cabinetry around / above the hob?

Thanks
Big Biff

Is there an opening window or door in the vicinity where cooker sited. And if you have a rental property! Why not inform the landlord to change it for you??
Are you in block of flats or house?
When you ask about "changes to the cabinary"??What Are you meaning !!
If in any doubt! !!
Please ask in here UKPF

Thanks.

In an answer, no.

A replacement hob is a new hob and as such must comply with current regulations.

Let your landlord and his gsr worry about it.

Or use matches.

I assume the O.P is a Landlord.

As above a new Hob is a new installation and needs to comply fully.

Clearances given in technical bulletins or manufactures instructions are minimum dimensions.
Taking the largest in each case complies with both TB & MI. Owners of corian worktops with heat damaged upstands, behind hobs, will confirm how minimum dimensions may not be adequate in all cases.

Your gas safe engineer will advise. Don't you do it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rental Property - Replacement Gas Hob in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Wanted to clarify something in regards gas cookers in rental properties. Have a landlord who wants to rent out his house to a family however...
Replies
Views
N
Our ~15-year-old boiler just broke down (the spark igniter gave out), and set out a discussion to go ahead and replace it, as it's starting to...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
New LPG installation with 2x 19kg cylinders outside, plus change-over regulator with isolator valve on output, then 10 metres of 15mm copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Just to be really clear I will not be doing any of the work mentioned below. This will all be carried out by Gas Safe Engineers. We're in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock