Discuss Removing Cistern from Bowl. in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello.
Trying to remove cistern from bowl, however, nuts are rusted and one in particular is difficult to get to due to other pipework.
I have applied rust remover and lubricant. Any other advise greatly appreciated.
Carried out a temporary repair to waste pipe leak, now requires a more permanent solution.
Regards
Kathryn

Various types widely available, makes it much more comfortable than tape / gloves.

Personally I like this:

I thought it was a gimmick but the blade is much more rigid than a hacksaw blade so much more useful.

Hello.
Trying to remove cistern from bowl, however, nuts are rusted and one in particular is difficult to get to due to other pipework.
I have applied rust remover and lubricant. Any other advise greatly appreciated.
Carried out a temporary repair to waste pipe leak, now requires a more permanent solution.
Regards
Kathryn
depending on flushing type. If overflows built in type overflow and removable flush valve.. try getting a steel drill bit and drill through center of bolt from inside the cistern to weaken bolt a bit

Reply to Removing Cistern from Bowl. in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock