Discuss Remeha Avanta Plus 28c E5 & Wiring a Wireless stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JamesG

I moved into my home 1 month ago and have had multiple issues with my boiler which (in the title) is a Remeha Avanta Plus 28c. Firstly, it looks like the built on time clock and main board on the boiler has been replaced. The original thermostat was disconnected for some reason as I could see the cable under the boiler. It's approximately 7years old also.
I am a qualified plumber and have worked with boilers before but this one is not playing ball.
the time clock didn't work correctly from day 1 and the error code E5 would occasionally come up so I've disconnected the clock and put the links back in on the X2 plug. The boiler worked ok that way but shortly afterwards the E5 would shut the boiler down, meaning I have to reset the boiler and it will work for a short time again, sometimes it will work for longer periods also.
Now I have an issue as british gas won't start a contract for a dodgey boiler and the engineer said it's basically a rubbish boiler and to get a vaillant. The boiler will run, ignite and provide hot water and heating but it keeps going back to 1 then 2 then 3 or 4 depending on the demand and then ultimately failing with the E5 code. I've checked for any loose wiring and loose plugs or bent pins etc and it seems fine. I've taken the ignition electrode out which seems ok except for a little bit of and orange brown colour on the end which I assume is normal from the temperature it he's up to.
and also am I correct in saying, to wire a receiver/ wireless programmable stat I take the live and neutral from X6 and the in/out from X9 no.7&8

Can anyone help??

Need to get your post count up and provide your GSR details to get access to correct section of forum I'm afraid. Cropie will no doubt be along shortly to inform you further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Remeha Avanta Plus 28c E5 & Wiring a Wireless stat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock