Search the forum,

Discuss Regin 45 premier fluid refill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all,
i've got the regin 45 premier gauge and for some reason, i cannot zero it. seems like i've lost some fluid but i don't know how...

i'll obviously need to buy refill. does anyone know how to refill? do i unscrew the black screw on bottom left?

Thank you. :biggrin:

i just put a bit at a time in the top left. you zero it via the bottom left grub screw..unscrew it half way top it slowley. when youve done zero it...sorted.

I've been using Absinthe for years in my premier. Buy loads of it tho, always running out?

Put the fluid in 1 drop at a time.
It's amazing how little it takes to top up.

it needs to be the same specific gravity. if anti freeze is ill save a fortune.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regin premier fluid has an SG of 1.88, antifreeze has an SG of 1.1088. Looks the same, won't do the same job.

Go on the beer all weekend and midstream of your first p i ss on Monday morning, drop a bit in your gauge, its usually a nice dark yellow and shows up well in a glass tube

I'm always seriously peed off when I have to top up and buy this, you just know you are being ripped off

Maths is not my strong point, but have I got this right ...
We relate liquids to gallons , gallon of petrol, gallon of diesel, gallon of beer etc etc

If 5 ml of genuine regin fluid costs about ÂŁ 10.00
4536 ml = One gallon
Is that ÂŁ 9072.00 A GALLON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if have got it wrong, you can happily take the pi**

Not that often possibly once every two years usually when I've let it blow out on LPG, yes I should know better.
Trouble is even when you don't use the full bottle when you come back to it months later its gone leaked evaporated but gone.
Last year bought a lovely little Testo digital manometer about as big as a packet of ten ****. lasted 3 weeks, washed and tumble dried, great bloody great ÂŁ160 gone so went back to Regan.

Must say I prefer to use the Regan even tho my Kane 455 has the capability

if 5ml costs ÂŁ10 then a standard wine or Scotch bottle at 750ml would cost ÂŁ1500.

Does any other liquid ever cost this much?

My Anton Evo 3 also has the capability but honestly, it's just too much hassle. Feels like a gimmick.....

i can find other makes of manometer fluid at lower cost butv i probably havent got time to use it
25ml (with spout) - ÂŁ22.00
200ml (with spout) - ÂŁ128.00
250ml (no spout) - ÂŁ160.00

contrary to popular belief regins are not the most expensive manometers
[DLMURL]https://www.bsria.co.uk/instrument/sales/product/u-tube-manometers/[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Regin 45 premier fluid refill in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
P
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, this is probably a daft question but I need to run my cold feed from one side of my wall mounted boiler to the other. Running it beneath the boiler is difficult with lots of obstacles, is it okay if I run soldered copper over / across the top of the boiler? It'll be about 4" off the top...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes a squeak noise as I turn it on or off, left tap is 100% perfect and noiseless. This grohe tap is like one unit, so no screw notch or way I can remove...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock