Discuss refilling system & zone valve position in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

themoose

View attachment 15262 View attachment 15263
Hi, is the dhw zone valve in the wrong spot here, before the cold feed & expansion?
The cylinder was fitted approx 10 years ago, not benchmarked, not informed of the need for an annual service & the 22mm safety discharge pipe was about 25metres long with numerous bends!
By the state of the cylinder installation & the water, I'm guessing no cleaner or inhibitor was added 10 years ago. Nothings been touched since then until now.
Drained to add a new radiator & now struggling to refill, zone valves left open, air vent on cylinder flow bled, f&e at original low level, some radiators bled ok, no air or water out of others, pump spinning but the heats not getting away from the boiler. Boiler keeps overheating & cutting out (which has been an existing intermittent problem anyway for a few months).
Was reluctant to backfill from drain off due to it being an old system with mainly old skirting heaters but can't think what else to do. Think it must be an airlock but maybe it's crud blocking somewhere after draining down? Cold feed & expansion tee wasn't blocked, or at least wasn't magnetic.
Any opinions or advice would be most appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks :hurray::hurray:, couldn't find the 'how to post pics thread' but think i've cracked it! 20131011_124405.jpg20131011_124641.jpg

I think you need someone to come and have a look if you don't want to backfill. A picture of an unvented cylinder isn't going to help me understand ugh apart from the fact that they specified a decent cylinder.

Hi plug the feed and expansion cut in a filling loop just like a sealed system once filled remove plugs works a treat cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to refilling system & zone valve position in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock