Discuss Refilling a Worcester 24i RSF combi boiler (discontinued 2004) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris_J_Davies

Hi

Can anyone tell me how I refill the system on a 24i RSF combi boiler. It's a Worcester (not Worcester Bosch) boiler, & precedes the Greenstar Junior. It was discontinued in 2004. It doesn't give exact instructions on how to fill the system in the instruction manual.

Thanks for your help.

Chris:

[h=3]Installation and servicing instructions for 24i - Worcester Bosch[/h]https://www.worcester-bosch.co.uk/.../installation-and-servicing-instructi...

24i RSF. WALL MOUNTED COMBINATION BOILER FOR CENTRAL ... domestic central heating boilers and system equipment. ..... A filling loop kit is supplied.

Have you just moved into the property ? if it has the built in filling point you should have been left a White key that's fits in below boiler, or you may have an external loop fitted between cold water main & one of the heating pipes, usely a chrome flexible hose

Thanks for the advice. I haven't seen either, but the washing machine covers the pipes running down from the boiler, so the flexible hose may be behind there. I'll check now.

Found the external loop, and filled the system to 1.5 bar. Thanks! 2 more problems tho. After 10 mins, the pressure increased to 3.5-4.0 bar. Should I be concerned? (It drops back down once the boiler is off) Secondly, when the radiator thermostat knob is set to the sunshine setting, the boiler won't kick in to heat the hot water. It will only do it when the radiators are on. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi, there is a problem with your boiler, you need to get a gas safety registered installer to repair it

Will be nothing you can do, this is a call for a local engineer, or Worcester boilers, will be someone on this site who could help you, or call Worcester out on a fixed price repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Refilling a Worcester 24i RSF combi boiler (discontinued 2004) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 5 year ago, I had a new central heating system (radiators) installed to replace my old warm air underfloor system. The warm air side of the...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Hello - I was hoping for some advice and opinions on a new combi boiler I currently have a 3 bed semi with a myson orion boiler (it isnt a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I have the boiler as above which has been very good for the last 13 years or more and is still relatively going strong. However, now, the...
Replies
Views
Three years ago I decided to switch from an under floor gas warm air system to a modern radiator system. I had installed a Worcester Bosch 38CDI...
Replies
Views
Back