Discuss Recommended temperature on hot water tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All
I hope you are doing well.
I have this water tank for hot water heated by a Baxi boiler or electrical heater.
What is the recommended temperature on it? I see Danfoss ATC written near the knob.
Is it what the end-user wants or there is a reason behind 50 or 60 Centigrade?
I think it was set to 60 initially but I don't like scalding water so I set it to 40 but then a plumber came over and upped it to 50.
Thank you

40*C in the danger zone for legionella growth. IMO, even 50°C is too low for stored water unless there is a periodic disinfection cycle.

Best practice is to store DHW at 60°C and fit thermostatic mixing valve(s) at the point of delivery to reduce the temperature to between 41°C and 44°C at the point of delivery.

Further information in the TMVA 'Recommended Code of Practice for Safe Water Temperatures' (2020 edn):

Reply to Recommended temperature on hot water tank in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
All of my London house plumbing is being redone, with a heatpump heating a DHW tank, and a hot water recirculation system. With the hot water...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views
Hi, We moved into a new property yesterday and are a little baffled by the heating/water tank situation. The previous owners unhelpfully left any...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock