Discuss Recommend me a decent mixer shower for around £150-£200 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Depends on what you are looking for. Modern? Period?

Are you looking for something that looks good, or is sound from an engineering perspective? Does your budget include VAT?

From a product point of view, I am a huge Mira fan. Hate the company (most arrogant company in the industry) but - with the exception of the cheap sh1te that they have made abroad for the sheds - the products are excellent.

Minilite, MiniDuo, Adept, Agile - all in your budget. Or Coda Pro, and pocket the difference. I just took a 15yr old Excel out of my bathroom, and put another one back in. TBH, I nearly put the old one back in - it still worked as well as the day it was new. But thats a bit out of your budget.

grohe grotherm 1000 sorry ray but i will never fit another mira,my experience of them is the products have quality issues and the company is run by a bunch of inept,arrogant halfwits

I just wouldn't risk it on a gravity system, unless as Kay-Jay mentions you intend to put a pump in and there is enough stored hot/cold water for it, but that would blow your budget.
Why not go for a nice electric shower? They can be jolly spiffing.
Ticketyboo!

grohe grotherm 1000 sorry ray but i will never fit another mira,my experience of them is the products have quality issues and the company is run by a bunch of inept,arrogant halfwits

Have to disagree with you there Mark. They aren't good enough to be called inept, arrogant doesn't begin to cover it, and they don't have half a wit between them. :)

But I have sold thousands of showers from dozens of brands, and hand-on-heart I don't think that there is a better make technically. Except for two stopcocks, a tee and a bit of pipe.

mira everytime especially the excel i can forgive them the arrogant technical service as ive never had to phone them and i fitted loads i also like aqualisa not some of the newer electronic stuff but ive not had many problems with there mixers you just need to budget for a cartridge every 7 years
didnt mira used to be lenards ?

Triton got a half decent bar or screwfix for fifty quid at moment. Basic looking but decent. 108 for a pump off ray

208 total not bad and it will work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend me a decent mixer shower for around £150-£200 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
IS IT POSSIBLE TO ADJUST THIS MIXER UNIT? WE HAVE TO HAVE IT TURNED ALMOST FULLY ANTI CLOCKWISE TO GET HOT WATEROUT. THE FRONT PLATE WITH MIRA ON...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock