Search the forum,

Discuss Recommend me a blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Ads

Hi Guys,
Got a cheap blow torch at the moment, gas is running out.

I'm planning on fitting a new bathroom etc later this year. I'm thinking I'll be better off buying a better torch as I know I will be soldering joints under floor boards.

I current torch is fine until you tilt it close to 90 degrees then it flames out. Obviously I'm not a pro, so don't want to shell out loads of money on a torch that I'm probably only going to use a few times a year.

Can anyone recommend a half decent torch for soldering 15 /22mm pipe under the floor?

I guess most people will recommend the Rothenberger. But mine will probably only be used a few times during the house renovation. Are there any others maybe a little cheaper that are up to the job?

Cheers
Adam

Know you said not rothy but the superfire 2 is my weapon of choice. Try eBay you will often find a bargain. And as long as you store it away from your flux it'll last yonks

Draw to this one for some reason

giphy_zpsdmzk1vod.gif

You mentioned the problem with cheap tourches,they go out when tipped ect,,go for a superfire,it may cost more but look after it and you will find you will be able to sell it easily to get a lot of the cost back once you have finished with it

I'm using this one at the moment, cheaper than a rothy and not a bad torch at all imo.
Am I imagining it or does this one give a really fine flame. I was thinking about getting one for more controlled soldering

There's a bold claim :wink:

Boot fair season is upon us get out there I must of sold half a dozen in varying conditions last year for pittance.

if you can't find one of them you'll pick up a paraffin torch on eBay for £10 was good enough back in the day ha ha

I'm using this one at the moment, cheaper than a rothy and not a bad torch at all imo.

Thanks. I found this one too, but wasn't sure how good it was. Seems to be the same as the Monument torch I found. Think this could be the one for me, a little cheaper than the Rothenberger but would do the job. :)

I've got a Monument one for sale if you want it? Used less than 10 times, willing to let it go for £30 posted.

Turbo torch extreme tx504. It urinates all over the rothy. Get it from Toolstation. If you don't like it take it back.

Thanks. I found this one too, but wasn't sure how good it was. Seems to be the same as the Monument torch I found. Think this could be the one for me, a little cheaper than the Rothenberger but would do the job. :)

I agree with you, looks like the Monument 3450 which can be had for thirty odd quid new. I've been using it the past year or so and it's fine with a bottle of MAPP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Monument-3450-3450G-Gas-Torch/dp/B004P2XC0O

I've got a Monument one for sale if you want it? Used less than 10 times, willing to let it go for £30 posted.

Thanks for the offer Gouldy, But managed to find one new with Gas for £40. :)

Thanks for everyones help. Just ordered the monument one with Gas. Hopefully it will last ok for the limited use I am going to give it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend me a blow torch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock