Discuss Recommend me a bath tub (1700-700mm) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bathtub grab railings question

you can but i wouldn't be surprised if that bath was so flimsy the handles were almost useless. I can just see everything flexing

Thanks yeah 2-3 reviewers mentioned it was low to medium quality and it flexed, but several others said it was fine and great.

I noticed b&Q are not mentioning if its 3 or 4 or 5mm grade acrylic too so it maybe the lower kind. Think ill post a new thread asking for recommendations thanks.

Hi before I press the buy button figured I asked the guys that deal with bath tubs on a daily basis am looking for a bath tub (1700-700mm), I can buy it from wicks, b&Q, homebase or online. Any good recommendations?

was looking at this one:

Cooke & Lewis Shaftesbury Acrylic Rectangular Straight Bath (L)1700mm (W)700mm | Departments | DIY at B&Q

But not sure if its flimsy or poor quality.

I need to have grab railings attached on left and right though, taps centre or off to side, budget £100-200.

Thanks

I always fit grab rails to the wall just above the bath not the actual bath as once they've been yanked on and come loose the baths got to come out to fix it

But good point about the railings coming off I think if its been secured by the manufacturer and built onto the unit it should be a better fixture, at least I hope !

Don`t you believe it! External every time.

Go to a merchants mate , explain what you want and ask if they have any offers. DO NOT buy a cheap one on-line especialy victoria plumb.

I only instal [DLMURL="http://www.carronbathrooms.com/carronite/"]Carronite[/DLMURL] for my own personal use. I do prefer a bath you can't see through!

Last edited by a moderator:
We have 2 posts running here, need a mod to merge or delete one.

Don`t you believe it! External every time.

Oh boy was hoping manufacturers could do a good enough job at least !

I have had one pre built on my old cheapo tub for 10 years and its still solid and going strong though so maybe lady luck !

Strange that a plumber advised me to check victoria plumb website for some sales deals !

Ill consider the merchants but tbh its hard to ignore the big DIY stores and online websites for ease of purchase !

It'll blow your budget, but when asked this question by clients I always recommend AmourCast. Appreciate if you don't cost your labour, resealing or replacing a cheaper tub seems attractive but if used to shower with minimal flexing, wanting to fit and forget, this is the way to go.

get a pressed steel twin grip bath from a plumbers merchants

Lightweight plastic baths also need supported on a wood baton around all edges or they just pull down from tiles when you apply any weight.
And the grab handles better wall mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend me a bath tub (1700-700mm) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I got some useful hints with my first post last year so I’ll have another go. It seems I have an airlock so I'm looking to have a go at the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock