Discuss Recommend Fault finding and repairs book please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Greg

Hi there

I have been doing gas boiler installation, but soon be moving into servicing and fault finding

Does anyone recommend a decent BOOK on fault finding and boiler repairs for gas boilers, have seen a couple on the internet, but cant see how good they are

Any recommedations are very welcome

Cheer

hi greg, check out daves books, also seen one in phpi (free plumbers mag at merchants)

good luck
shaun

Another good ref is the boilers you are installing,once you have them up and running,check out their operation,get your multi meter out and test thermistors,air pressure switches and other controls,check gas modulation and fan speeds ect
And when you fix a boiler,do'nt just do the repair,shut the boiler up and pat yourself on the back but check its other operations and controls to see how they work
You do'nt have to spend hours,just 10 mins here or 15mins there,it soon mounts up
and if you have seen the boiler working and controls operating correctly it makes repairs alot easier down the road
When you take a old boiler out,if working check workings before removal,if not operational,strip out parts and get inside view of operations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Recommend Fault finding and repairs book please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock