Search the forum,

Discuss Re: Pipefitter turns plumber. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

sym

I'm a time served pipefitter in the oil and gas industry, I'm now working direct for the biggest oil company of them all ,50k min a year free shares and good pension. The trouble is it is the rotten apple nice and rosy to look at but rotten on the inside, it's the worst job ever.
So I'm training to be a plumber. Maybe not so much money etc, but as they say money can't buy you happiness.
Now tell I'm mad.

welcome Sym alright your mad but you will fit in here:)regards turnpin

After building oil refineries for 30 years I thought plumbing would be a breeze.
How wrong was I? Respect to you guys.

Hi Sym

Welcome to the forums,hope you enjoy
I used to do pipefitting,think the idea of changing over maybe a good thing if you are traveling and want to stay local,however would wait a while till things pick up,maybe do a bit of home study ect in the mean time
:D:D

5ok per annum to 10k per annum, there goes the trouble and strife off down to her mums

Good advice I'm staying put, but doing plumbing jobs at weekends. It will probably be 18 months before I can leave.

The wife leaves, wow things are looking up.

Last edited:
youll miss the old dog really,

then again she may leave him behind as he farts lol

Only 10k a year, I lived in Spain cleaning windows and did 18k. You should try charging more than £5 per hour. lol.....

since the definition of a pipefitter is a plumber with his brain removed is this the worls first brain transplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re: Pipefitter turns plumber. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock