Search the forum,

Discuss Re: Need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dongo

Hi everyone, i hav an ongoinging problem with my oil heating and rads. Firstly my rads only seem to heat at the top and not the bottom, alot of banging and gushing noises from the roof space and water coming from the overflow. I have an unvented system, sorry not very techinical, i hav had the pump changed heating seems a bit better but not going perfect. plumber says system has alot of air in it. Any help would be great thanks.:confused:

sounds like you have a sludged up system.
you say its pumping over ther overflow. then you say its unvented.
it can only be one vented or unvented.
do you mean you have a unvented cylinder ?

:confused:yeah sorry it is an unvented cyclinder, is it a big job to flush the system?

should be able to get a powerflush done for around 500quid- how old is the system? and if it's sludged up there must be a reason why (corrosion of components?) was an inhibitor added after it was last drained? fernox do several products that you add into the system that may help but personally i've no experience with any so i may as well shut up... as for the pump over into your tank may be worth checking the system is piped up correctly or the new pump is a monster and is drawing in air and throwing water out of the vent pipe every time the thermostat reaches temp and turns the sytem off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Re: Need help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock