Search the forum,

Discuss Ravenheat csi 85 discontinued one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

quality

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I know these are not very good but I looked at one of these last week that had locked out. I reset and ran it through hot water and CH I gave it the usual checks which did not reveal anything obvious but the customer has just called and said it had locked out again, I am going back tomorrow with a manual to investigate further. Does any know of any common faults
Cheers

Make A quick phone call to my pal John Wilson at ravenheat, he will sort you with the minimum of fuss .

could be many a problem,,,, i cringe when i see the old ravenheat,,, probably an ignition fault if it hasnt been maintained ,,,, nothing worse than an intermittent fault because bet your bottom dollar it will be fine when you attend,, if it hasnt been serviced then advise it and clean all the usuals and inspect electrodes etc ,,, wont do it no harm just good ,,,,,,,,,

Had one this week on a CSI 85 AT,similar issue was the pcb,and thats not cheap,What i will say though is there are now some very good people working at Ravenheat,John is super helpful,as is Becky with part numbers,also a guy called simon pickering on Tech is also very clued up on the full range

Had one this week on a CSI 85 AT,similar issue was the pcb,and thats not cheap,What i will say though is there are now some very good people working at Ravenheat,John is super helpful,as is Becky with part numbers,also a guy called simon pickering on Tech is also very clued up on the full range

Couldnt agree more . I can say with confidence there isnt a tec helpline anywhere in England even close to Ravenheat .

Ok I think they have an image of them being poor boilers, they arent , they are cheap value for money boilers, the new White Heat ones take some beating for the money

Couldnt agree more . I can say with confidence there isnt a tec helpline anywhere in England even close to Ravenheat .

Ok I think they have an image of them being poor boilers, they arent , they are cheap value for money boilers, the new White Heat ones take some beating for the money

only thing putting me off them as a budget choice is cost of spares compared to Baxi,as a company they have really upped their game ,TBF when the csi 85 at come out i fitted about 20,they have been good boilers,that was about 12 years ago,not really many issues with them

I went back to this job. The boiler had not locked out she simply said it had when she meant they had no hot water. I'm no mug when it comes to common sense but when diverter moves and closes the microswitch on the diverter nothing happens at all. when I put the heating on boiler fires all good then when I demand hot water it shuts the boiler down. the hot water control is a simple normaly open microswitch which closes when there is demand I dont want to throw nearly ÂŁ200 on a pcb as the boiler is 10 year old. I would rather fit a decent boiler. ps I never got a PM of townfanjon

Last edited:
. ps I never got a PM of townfanjon

You didnt get pal , because I have been waiting for John to ring me back , I will have another go , sorry but I cant go giving out mobile numbers , leave it with me

I went back to this job. The boiler had not locked out she simply said it had when she meant they had no hot water. I'm no mug when it comes to common sense but when diverter moves and closes the microswitch on the diverter nothing happens at all. when I put the heating on boiler fires all good then when I demand hot water it shuts the boiler down. the hot water control is a simple normaly open microswitch which closes when there is demand I dont want to throw nearly ÂŁ200 on a pcb as the boiler is 10 year old. I would rather fit a decent boiler. ps I never got a PM of townfanjon

You sorted this now? Had exactly same fault,today and it was DHW Magnetic Cartridge, diagnosed by John Wilson himself

Thermistors are very common on these.

and easy to test,as you know,be conversant with multimeters lads,it takes the guess work out ,pm me if you are unsure,no shame in admitting you dont know how to use one,pm one of us mods and we will talk you through it

The trouble I had was that ravenheat technical said that it should be 15K at 20 degrees which it was around 14k so I thought it was ok. when I went to my local independent supply I measured a new one at about 20 degree ambient and it was only 9K which is a big difference so I fitted a new one and its been fine since. Its always a bit of a hurdle when your unfamiliar with a certain boiler especially with no MIs lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ravenheat csi 85 discontinued one in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock