Discuss Rate of heating in a living room? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

If a radiator has been correctly sized for a room and the boiler is adequate and fully functioning, at what rate of C/Hour would you want a living room to be able to heat up at?

Thanks.

Should be able to heat the room up in under 30 mins

So if it's heating up the room at a rate of between 2.5C - 3.0C / hour, this is too slow? I think it's too slow, but wondering what opinions are.

This is with heating system at ~60C at the boiler, and the thermostatic valve radiator turned up full.

So if it's heating up the room at a rate of between 2.5C - 3.0C / hour, this is too slow? I think it's too slow, but wondering what opinions are.

This is with heating system at ~60C at the boiler, and the thermostatic valve radiator turned up full.

rad sounds undersized

What’s your room size height etc
Windows
Outside walls etc

You say you have a flow temperature of 60°c? Is this a condensing boiler. If using delta t 50 rads they won't be working anywhere near full output. The power required is the output needed at a design outside temperature to design end internal temperature to bring the room upto temperature and keep it there, bare in mind the air change rate, so a lot of the power is required to re heat and maintain. With the system designed and executed properly you should be nice and toasty in about 30 minutes as Shaun says above.

You say you have a flow temperature of 60°c? Is this a condensing boiler.
It's a WB Combi 30i boiler with the rad below:
I believe BTU measurements on that site are based on delta t 50 C.

I went looking for a tape measure there so I wouldn't be estimating the measurements. Measurements are:

Room size: 3.16 m X 2.94 m X 2.66 m (Height)
One window (Single glazed): 0.80 m x 1.53 m

Only one exterior wall which is cavity wall insulated. Mid terraced house.

From -10 to 21dc 14 mins so something isn’t right

does the rad get hot hot eg 60dc ish

Attachments

• CC6FCB06-AB75-4958-B241-F9C46CBB87C9.png
    CC6FCB06-AB75-4958-B241-F9C46CBB87C9.png
    123 KB · Views: 11
I have pointed a contact free thermometer pointed very close to the rad and it gives a temp of ~58 C.

I would say the specs that the manufacturer has claimed are over zealous and would estimate it to emit around 1.5-1.8 kw (max)as it’s basically a single panel rad

I would say the specs that the manufacturer has claimed are over zealous and would estimate it to emit around 1.5-1.8 kw (max)as it’s basically a single panel rad
Thanks.

I suppose there's no way to guesstimate what BTU size I should really be looking for for this type of rad on this site? That is, using their BTU measurements.

It will get the room up to 21C/22C but it takes hours to do so.

What kW would you normally want to get from a radiator?

Last edited:
That’s a 1.2x600 double panel double convector eg k2

Attachments

• ACAD3DB9-9231-45CF-9BB4-903DA2108B63.png
    ACAD3DB9-9231-45CF-9BB4-903DA2108B63.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Unfortunately I don't have a plumbing background, so I'm unsure what exactly this means.

I understand that k2 is a type of rad. Do you mean if using a double panel 1.2m x 600mm K2 rad this would give an average BTU output of 7401 BTU?

The current rad type which I have would probably need to be a lot bigger to heat up the room in 30 minutes since it's heating the room at ~ 2.5C - 3.0C / hour.

Reply to Rate of heating in a living room? in the USA Plumbers Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock