Discuss Rate my business plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

It sounds to me like they are and it has always been the same on here. The OP just needs to realise that the approved and respected method on here and anywhere else will always be from an apprentice. However you only get out what you put in. If you are expecting to earn £50000.00 a year in your first 5 that will just not happen. It takes time, effort and a lot of sacrifice.
I just don’t want to see people waste their hard earned money on promises that can’t always be delivered.

I just don’t want to see people waste their hard earned money on promises that can’t always be delivered.
It has to be there choice. All we can do is advise. (The good and the bad) Yes it is hard. Yes they should be an apprentice first. (Some of us didn’t have that choice) but everything in this world is achievable. Dependant on the amount of time and effort put into it.

Completely achievable mate. Just do not pretend to be something you are not. Be honest and work hard. Most experience comes with time even from an apprenticeship.
The position I'm in is my passion is in domestic property. I find all aspects of of a house interesting! Am 90% through my latest project which I am also living in. Me and my handy man put a bathroom in the other week. I can do some stuff which is less skilled and have even on an old rental I used to have put in a bath before and tiled it and it worked out OK. But recently on this project I ripped out the old suite, took off the tiles and boarded the walls with plaster board and the floor with ply. My plasterer re skimmed the ceiling for me. Then my tiler came and did the walls, handy man fitted the suite and I finished off the painting . I love it. Find it great fun and very satisfying.

Yet I work in a completely different industry. It's chalk and cheese. I want to learn. A trade which can be my bread and butter to financially keep me ticking over and what I can also use on future projects. I think once I'm in the trade I will pick up loads of other transferable skills too. I just need to be doing something that interests me.

It’s good to have a positive attitude. I would say you’d be vastly better off taking a plumbing course in the first instance. Learn to solder learn to calculate pipe sizes, understand the science behind it then contemplate going further. Your intention to jump in with both feet and play at Gas man (no offence intended) seems more like a nice to have and a whim rather than recognising that what you are proposing is some people’s livelihood and that is the level of commitment and work involved to achieve the necessary skills. As I have said about 4 times now. There is nothing saying you cannot learn the skills but seriously look at getting PROPERLY trained. I worked with a guy who did a short course and they “taught him to solder” all they taught him was how to put two ends of 15mm pipe into a 15mm elbow, burn it to hell, dab it with solder then chuck it in a bucket of water to cool. Nothing in situ, no z dimensions, no measuring, no different materials steel etc but as far as they were concerned big tick next to “knows how to solder”

Reply to Rate my business plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock