Discuss Rate my business plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm listening... What's your advice?
I think the advice we’ve all been trying to get across is that it’s not an easy job to do or get into. There is so much to learn and spend out. Nothing is ever simple and everyday is a school day. If you’re still keen then do it but getting gas safe properly and I mean with experience requires you to work with someone, not necessarily legally but come on, even when qualified common sense says you will be green for a good few years before you’re confident tonbe solo. It is not something you can just read the instructions and get on. You need real world experience.

Thanks for the feedback.

At what stage did you feel confident enough to carry out services and give landlord certificates?

So to give you a full history I did Level 2 plumbing at a college (2 years), level 3 (another 2 years), whilst working in a plumbing and heating merchants for all but the first year of that. Then after maybe another year did the gas, then once qualified started doing little jobs (services, fitting taps, repairing toilets etc), mainly for friends and some i got via the shop. It was really after i'd done everything a few times that i thought i'd go for it and go out on my own. Landlord's certificates are fairly easy once you've qualified, it's the same sort of thing they drum into you over and over again whilst training, just take your time. The only thing i'd say is a lettings agency is going to want someone to cover everything, not just the easy jobs.

I think the advice we’ve all been trying to get across is that it’s not an easy job to do or get into. There is so much to learn and spend out. Nothing is ever simple and everyday is a school day. If you’re still keen then do it but getting gas safe properly and I mean with experience requires you to work with someone, not necessarily legally but come on, even when qualified common sense says you will be green for a good few years before you’re confident tonbe solo. It is not something you can just read the instructions and get on. You need real world experience.
Fair points. To be honest I'm taking time to mull things over as you guys have made me take stock. So from that point of view to those who were trying to give me a bit of a reality check you've achieved your goal and possibly helped me out! However I've not quite gave up, am rather looking into steps where I can ensure I've got a solid plans once I'm got through the initial fast track training.

No one is debating it cant happen
It sounds to me like they are and it has always been the same on here. The OP just needs to realise that the approved and respected method on here and anywhere else will always be from an apprentice. However you only get out what you put in. If you are expecting to earn £50000.00 a year in your first 5 that will just not happen. It takes time, effort and a lot of sacrifice.

It sounds to me like they are and it has always been the same on here. The OP just needs to realise that the approved and respected method on here and anywhere else will always be from an apprentice. However you only get out what you put in. If you are expecting to earn £50000.00 a year in your first 5 that will just not happen. It takes time, effort and a lot of sacrifice.

I could get by on earning between a grand and 1500 a month these days.

Reply to Rate my business plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock