Discuss Rate my business plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Sounds like you are in as good a position as you can be
Touch wood I think I am. As a landlord of 5 properties I have a bit of experience of the demand for trade in my local area too. I have used the same guy for about 8 years now but he's become a bit unreliable over the past couple of years. I'd bin him off if I could but everyone seems the same. I used to ring him up if I had a fault at one of my properties and he'd always come out within a few days. Now though it's whenever he's free next. He's got that much work on he's happy too leave me sat around waiting. I've tried other companies and everyone ring, and I'm talking 7,8,9 companies I get the same answer. 'I'm not gonna be able to get out to u until next (usually about 10 time), give me a call end of the week and I'll see when I can fit u in'. Either that or I get them telling me they are fully booked but take my number to ring me back and never do.

Sounds a good plan, the course offering 6 months training in the field to get the portfolio done is the only thing that sounds too good to be true. For me i was on the phone alot in the early days to my mentor and gas safe when out on site , things dont always go according to plan, thats when experience comes in.

Question GSR chaps.
I'd understood it wasn't kosher for a GSR person to sign off the work of another. What is the LEGAL chapter & verse ?
Apologies, but not interested in opinions - I've got one of those;)
I'm not sure if its legal or not to sign off someone else's work. In this case the law has been broken by the installer doing the works while not been supervised by a registered engineer but has the enginner broke the law by signing it off?

You are not being realistic. After 9 and before 3 and I bet you want weekends off too. Mate go part time at the council. You will never make it with such slim hours. Are you going to leave people for days to suit your preferred hours? Overheads are no cheaper to work so few hours.

You are not being realistic. After 9 and before 3 and I bet you want weekends off too. Mate go part time at the council. You will never make it with such slim hours. Are you going to leave people for days to suit your preferred hours? Overheads are no cheaper to work so few hours.
Appreciate your feedback. I don't need to finish at 3. I just want to be able to drop my daughter off in the morning. Weekend work and such don't bother me. Did it for 16 years up until 12 months ago in a job I enjoyed and worked 52 hours a week in. Mornings, afternoons and nights 24/7.

The point of was making about the hours was that I could arrange them within reason myself and that I'm not desperate to earn mega money like others out there who are seeking to come into the profession for the money so I'm not coming in with expectations of earning huge amounts.

With respect jamie you are looking at this through media tinted glasses. The reality is very different.

On one hand you complain about how people are unavail cos they too busy yet in the next breath talk of your part time hours. Get real old bean.

You dont like paying yet youll expect others to pay! Get real old bean. Sensing a theme?

We see these types of unrealistic posts every week to the point we are now far less than supportive because we see you've not taken any time at all to understand the reality. All you see is that you hate your comfortable existance and a mirage of a green field called plumbing painted by imbicilic media. Get real old bean.

Reply to Rate my business plan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock