Search the forum,

Discuss Random question but what would be strong enough to glue a door shut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
My little bro finishes school in a few weeks so he is planning some pranks and has just messaged me asking if I use anything at work that would be strong enough to glue a classroom door shut.

I don't but was thinking perhaps someone on here might or might know of something that will do it.

Thanks

No really . Strongest i use is mitre bond . 2 part glue which is brilliant for wood. U use it glueing cornice and pelmits when fitting kitchens and its really strong. Made by evostic. MITRE BOND

Aswell as smoke pellet.

Sticks like **** is lethal gear, put a shelf up in my house with it and both my kids can sit on it no joke

Mitre bond will set the quickest it's contact adhesive spray the door glue the frame slam is shut hold for 30 seconds and it'll be enough to make it real difficult to open but not impossible.

pink foam is good but very messy!

or buy 2 tubs of 100 smoke pellets use one tub as a shell empty all the pellets from their casing into the large tub pack it tightly and I believe it is just under a cubic km of smoke. Probably best not to do that in to a room though......

perhaps it might be worth playing a longer game him and a few mates load up some atomisers with water dampen the carpet and lay some cress seed the week before departure.

change the lock on the bike shed is another one, getting to class early and turning all the furniture to face the opposite way boring but amusing.

My little bro finishes school in a few weeks so he is planning some pranks and has just messaged me asking if I use anything at work that would be strong enough to glue a classroom door shut.

I don't but was thinking perhaps someone on here might or might know of something that will do it.

Thanks

kids did some damage like that where I was bursar, 3 ended up being taken to see the beaks on criminal damage when their mates thought they might be included in the fracas :) ps mitre bond is evil, I have managed to stick myself to a worktop once and the only escape was via a stanley blade and very sore palm.
if you little delight does manage to glue the door shut, just think of the cost involved in replacing split frames etc, personaly I think something like this is pathetic to even consider.

kids did some damage like that where I was bursar, 3 ended up being taken to see the beaks on criminal damage when their mates thought they might be included in the fracas :) ps mitre bond is evil, I have managed to stick myself to a worktop once and the only escape was via a stanley blade and very sore palm.
if you little delight does manage to glue the door shut, just think of the cost involved in replacing split frames etc, personaly I think something like this is pathetic to even consider.

MORAL OF THE STORY "DONT GET CAUGHT" joke

Ouch dude, doesn't sound like a barrel of fun.

Why not just remove spinel from latch? Much less destructive same effect. But less cost to u and me!

I think they should all have a group hug and spread the love.

lol thanks for the replies

I did say to him if you want something strong enough to glue a classroom door shut then chances are there's going to be dramas getting it open again.

I asked him what he plans to do if he gets caught or someone rats on him how's he going to handle the bill. I told him whatever he does it's going to be a gamble!

It might backfire but since when did 15 year olds think of the consequences?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Random question but what would be strong enough to glue a door shut in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock