Discuss rain water to soil ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tenor

Is it allowed to run the rain goods down spout into the soil/vent stack of a single stack system ? If so , at what height relative to the toilet and bath wastes . Thanks for any help.

No, its against regs. Having said that i've seen plenty of rainwater downpipes that discharge into a sewer gully.

hi, check to see if you have mixed foul and surface drainage at the property. if you have then no problem . if you have seperates, a little rain water in the foul will be ok . but not vice verser . ;)

There whole housing estates built in the 60,s which discharge rain water into the sewer. The water company now charge the householder for the privelage

the soil stack acts as a vent pipe,taking smells above your roof, you may end up with sewer smells comming out of your guttering at points you dont want,

thanks for your replies. House is 1928 semi. rain goods lead into regular gullies which discharge into soil pipe/ sewer pipe underground. I take the point about gutter smells as we have a single floor extension at the rear. About the upper level, how far would any vent have to be above the eaves line and how far from any opening window. Bearing in mind , the whole idea behind this is purely aesthetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. If you have a combined system, make sure the RWP. enters a trapped gully prior to entering the drains. Vent pipe needs to be 1m above any opening into the building and or 3m away on the horizontal. Good Luck

i was told at college a few years ago under some circumstances you can run surface water into foul water if its at the end of the run . think it has to be oked by building control befor tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to rain water to soil ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock