Discuss Radios in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Resolute

Anyone got any good recommendations for a decent radio? Ideally I'd like one that can run off batteries as well as mains and the ability to plug in an MP3 player.

My budget is around £70 so I was looking at the hitachi site radio.

Cheers
Pete

what batteries do you have?

£70 wont get you far if you dont already have batteries and charger?

i have:
the large milwaukee radio (v28) which is great for on site as it has deep base, alot better then dewalt, bosch etc..... but batteries dont last all day cus you have to power big speakers. I use this when on a busy site which needs a good volume to hear well.

the Makita radio which has good sound with small speakers, batteries last a couple of days (18v li-on) nice size, easy to move around job. A good all round radio, suitable for most job areas.

the milwaukee m12 radio, nice small size for tight locations like window sil, good sound for small size, batteries last about a day. This is a great radio if you work in single rooms and loft spaces.

i have also had:

the dewalt radio. Very good sound quality and volume, batteries (18v nicad) last about 3/4 to a day.

Got a Roberts Ecologic 1 DAB radio, Runs off mains or rechargeable batteries (charges batteries while plugged in). Good volume and small enough to put in yer toolbag, crackin little radio. Can get em for £50-60 off tinternet. No USB or owt but shed loads of stations....... especially Planet Rock!!:punk:

Roberts ecologig 1 radio.jpg

what batteries do you have?

£70 wont get you far if you dont already have batteries and charger?

Sorry, I should've mentioned that. Ive 2 18v li-on hitachi batteries with one of my drills, another reason for looking at that.

Makita for me is perfect size and sound, battery lasts for days and it's solidly built too.

I just use the fm radio on my sony ericsson phone. Does a great job in a single room, not too clever when moving about though. Full charge is good for all day at good volume, i.e not loud enough to cheese off the cust.

Looked at the makita and bosch ones but can't justify the expense.

Get a pure oasis on eBay for about 50 - 70 quid. Weather resistant comes in an aluminium frame full DAB & FM if you want it and you can fire an mp into it. Just like the one on my van pics. Sound great too

That looks a good radio
Is it battery and mains
What sort of batteries mate

Come on tom he is the best

This is meant in the nicest possible way, but gray mate, you need your head checking:dizzy2: LOL

The bloke is a fool, he's not funny and loves the sound of his own voice. And his sidekicks are a bore off too!!!

I work 60 odd miles from home everyday, and at a certain point in my journy I lose all my Birmingham radio stations and am forced to listen to him somedays and it puts my day off on the wrong foot from the start.

Now he seems to be on the tele loads as well. Does my nut in!

have the makita one seems tough works well,agree with villatom Chris moyles should be shot the fat tw i mean git

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radios in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock