Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators with small brackets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

mfgs

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I need to fit a couple of radiators in a property. The only issue being the skirting is about 400mm high and don't want the radiators looking ridiculously high. They don't want the skirting cut to accept the brackets.
So the question is, what brand of standard radiators have brackets highest up the back. Basically want the bottom of the bracket to be at least 150mm from the bottom of the radiator. If that makes sense? So that way the rad can hand down over the skirting and not be stupidly high off the floor.

Most brackets are 2-3” off the bottom don’t know any higher up sorry

The universal brackets don’t solve the problem. As they are just 4 individual brackets so they still sit as low down as normal ones. The mounting points on the back of the radiators are what need to be higher up.
I seem to remember centre rads being higher up, but that was years ago and they have changed now.

The universal brackets don’t solve the problem. As they are just 4 individual brackets so they still sit as low down as normal ones. The mounting points on the back of the radiators are what need to be higher up.
I seem to remember centre rads being higher up, but that was years ago and they have changed now.
but you can miss out the lower ones centralheatking

What type of designs of radiators would the customer wish for?
I have installed old style radiators that use only 2 brackets at the top and an adjustable non mountable support (stand out piece) that can be installed near bottom.

As Simon has said fix a batten to the wall the same thickness as the skirting and decorate in with the wall your brackets screw to the batten and over sail onto the skirting where you can screw back hang your rad pipe up , sorted kop

Yes that was my fall back option if I couldn’t find a radiator. I was just sure there was one on the market, but I can’t find one.
I’m sure the old centre brand rads had small brackets which were quite high up the rad. But this was about 10 years ago and I think they have changed since then.

I had this problem recently so can share my solution in case it helps you all out in the future.

Basically what I did is I didn't foresee the problem when visiting to quote even though I measured up, couldn't foresee the problem when finding a cheapo designer style rad on Amazon matching the customer's preferences because I didn't know where the brackets would sit on the the columns and no tech drawing was available, didn't think to measure properly and check this while beginning to fit the rad as I was too busy talking to my ex girlfriend who is also a beginner plumber who I am trying to help by imparting by very limited knowledge to her on on some jobs and then didn't drill the holes in the right place and had to re-hang it and it looked really high and the customer phoned me up and said it looked really high but he liked it and was happy.

So that worked for me in case it helps anyone else out
[automerge]1572988397[/automerge]
And yet can you believe it is hammer4spanner who is considering quitting instead of me?

No, not I.

I have decades of half arsed bodging in me.

Last edited:

Reply to Radiators with small brackets in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock