Search the forum,

Discuss Radiators keep going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Faith O-J

Hi
I've just moved and the radiators come on with the combi boiler. It is timer only controlled (no thermostat), some radiators have controls and some seem to be broken off!

within about 1hour of the boiler turning off the radiator are stone cold.

Any advice/ suggestions welcomed

Thx Faith

Because the boilers off...?
Get a thermostat fitted!

If you left a cup of tea on the side for an hour that would be cold too!

Last edited:
Yes my plan is to get a thermostat fitted ASAP. But literally just moved in. Seems like I'm in for some fairly hefty heating bills if I need to keep the boiler on most of the time. In my flat I would just turn on the heating for 30min am and pm and it kept it warm.
Would you have any option on getting Hive vs Worcester Wave?
thx

Wave if you have a Worcester greenstar boiler.
For me its worth it for weather compensation features alone (but i've got a vaillant)

Not fussed about the Hive unless your boiler supports 'opentherm' and I've no clue what boilers do...

just a £5 wired stat is a big step up from where you are now!

just a £5 wired stat is a big step up from where you are now![/QUOTE]

Hope my customers don't read the above quote, they'll accuse me of over charging them. Where can I get these £5 roomstats from

Defiantly need a room thermostat (generally in the kitchen or hallway, or where it's the coolest) TRVs on each rad will enable you to control the temp in each room. Might be worth while seeing if the house has got cavity wall insulation as it seems like the walls are sucking the heat away from the radiators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Radiators keep going cold in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock