Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator type identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I'll be buying a new house soon, built in 1961, and a new boiler is in the budget since it's 40 years old. We're not certain yet whether the radiators need doing as well, and will be having a closer inspection in the next week or so. One thing mentioned by the surveyor is that he's never come across this particular style of radiator in the 35 years he's been doing the job. The owner thinks that the original builder saw these at the Ideal Home Exhibition back in the '60s.

There's even one mounted in the ceiling of the dining room, strangely. They take a while to get warm, but then retain the heat for ages, so may be some kind of storage radiator?

Has anyone here come across this type of panel radiator?

Any insight gratefully received :)

IMG_1297.jpg

ive never seen them you sure its not a warm air system ?

Reply to Radiator type identification in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
We had a Gloworm Energy 7 30r Boiler fitted in Jan 22 to replace a British Gas Boiler (which was a Glowworm Rebranded ) when the heat exchanger split after 10 years. The old boiler had a pressure gauge on the fascia but this new model is not fitted with one. After it was all fitted I queried...
Replies
Views
I’m at a loss with this one. We renovated a run down house and have lived in it now for about 16 months. We had a new Greenstar 8000 Style 35 installed. Just before Christmas - about 12 months after install - we came home to a funny smell like paint, shoe polish etc - a very chemical smell...
Replies
Views
I have recently had a new bathroom done because of this the builder has blocked the radiators on the second floor whilst doing the bathroom and when he had completed he has open the lock shield valves fully. I have tried to balance them, but I have few questions if someone could help me to fine...
Replies
Views
L
We are renovating our upstairs bathrooms and there is an issue with shutting off the new mixer fittings - all six of them. The matter is holding up progress though it seems no one knows what to do. We built our home about 28 years ago. The only mixer we installed was in the kitchen, all the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock