Discuss radiator calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MP plumb

hi,

Can you please break down how to do rad calcs. I done them a few years back at college but paperwork is lost.

i dont want to use one of the web sites as i need it to be accurate as poss.

thanks

You need to work out volume of room

U values of walls

Floor construction

Ceiling construction

Or. Invest in a mears gauge

best way to do it without using online calculators is as simonjohns says get a mears gauge.

thanks for the replys, i know i can use a mears calc and i know i need to find what simonjohns suggested, but there is a way to be accurate to the 'tee'! i was taught it ages ago but my memory is failing me!

volume, air changes, temp of room, m2 of each surface, u values, glazing, heat gain/loss
av forgot calc tho too

thanks for the help...

i beleive a mears is ok for one room, or a small house but this is for a big job in london, and the last thing i want is for the client to come back saying the room isnt hot enough, and the complaints fall back on me!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've found that mears tend to oversize so if your competing on price it can lead to you being uncompetitive. I've not got the faintest idea where my course notes are and that is the last time I calculated a heat loss longhand. Out of college it was mears all the way until PCs appeared on the market and the first version of STARS came out (which you had too pay for). Since then it's been quick calc on site - mears. Full system - software. I'm looking for a decent app for the iPad now so that I can use it for everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to radiator calculations in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock