Discuss Rad nearest thermostat = no TRV required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello gents! :D

I am fitting new radiators (binning old ones) and wanted to check - is it still the case that the rad nearest the general thermostat should have 2 x lockshields on it as opposed to a lockshield + a TRV?

If so, the rad nearest to the thermostat technically is a tiny 50cm x 50cm single convector in the small toilet under the stairs (it's next to the thermostat, separated by the toilet door / wall.
The next closest rad is about 10ft away and is a huge 2m long bugger...

Which one should have just the 2 lockshields on it, on the assumption that is still good practice.

:)

Any rad in the same room as the thermostat no trv

Yes, there sure is. The next nearest rad is the larger rad I described, it is about 2m in length and is about 10ft away from the thermostat. It is in the same room, although the "room" is a hallway in reality with 3 doors to other rooms (1 x living room, 1 x kitchen, 1 x small toilet under staircase).

If you dont fancy having a 2m rad with no TRV on then what about moving the stat or changing to a wireless unit?

Just any rads in the hallway then

I done a quick sketch to show / plan to show location of rads. Shall I bung a TRV on the small rad in toilet and then just do 2 x lockshields on the large rad in the corridor?

If possible, I'd like to avoid moving the stat, as that would require quite a bit of work at this stage.

Other thing to bear in mind, that large rad is responsible for heating the corridor which is usually the coldest part of the house in winter. :(

Just that rad by the kitchen

But normally small toilets are cold if you find it gets chilly put two lockshield on that one as well

Agree with shaun lockshield and a wheelhead in the hallway , toilet your choice leave it full on a trv at least you have the option cheers kop .

Thanks guys - sorry to ask a daft question but what is the difference between TRV and wheelhead?

Wheelhead is adjusting lock shield by hand , but leave TRV other end FLAT out-Hi , control the hall heat with the Wheel head and thermostat .
( Does heat from hall go upstairs to confuse things )
If the
rest of the house is roasting you have stat Hi / radiator too low on wheelhead
rest of the house is freezing you have stat Low / radiator-large/ Hi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rad nearest thermostat = no TRV required? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back