Discuss Rad calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMW

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Does anyone use mears wheel calculator or do you use the Internet/app ones?

<slightly annoying sponsor alert>

try [DLMURL="http://heatlineradiators.com/resources/sizing-tool/"]this[/DLMURL]

Mears calculators have two great benefits

1) They make you look like a rocket scientist if you do it in front of the customer
2) They tend to oversize the radiators

Last edited by a moderator:
Stelrad STARS for me too... Unless I'm working where I can't get a signal, then I use a spreadsheet I built to do whole house heat load calcs, but that is a bit more time consuming than STARS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Rad calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, i'm doing some heatloss calculations, going by a fairly old plumbing book. The formula for calculating heatloss would be Surface Area x...
Replies
Views
I was looking into a problem with flow rate in my bathroom. A bit confused with how flow rate, water pressure, pipe length, and difference in...
Replies
Views
Similar to radiator dT's, is there a way to mathematically calculate the UFH pipe centres required to satisfy a given room's heat demands...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the...
Replies
Views
What would be the heating time for this (indirect) vented cylinder? Rated coil = 14kw Is it 96 litres x 4.2 specific weight x 40 (dT) ? How do I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock