Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Puzzled....please help! in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Kenneth Ross

Kenneth Ross New Member

My first request for help.

I'm replacing a Drayton Tempus Seven with an LP822. Old wallplate not compatible, but not a problem - can change.

What puzzles me is no connection to pins 1 & 2. Just checking this is normal?

Really appreciate comments / explanation.

TIA.

15392551807087815559743300347587.jpg

2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

You wont need them , look on the back of the programmer it should tell you what 3 & 4 do , back plate looks burnt out anyway .

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kenneth Ross

Kenneth Ross New Member

Thanks, Townfanjon. Yeah, they were burned, so new backplate fitted. All appears good!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Last Plumber

Last Plumber Plumber GSR

upload_2018-10-11_18-53-34.png
    Normally, this is what three and four are for.

It depends on the system whether you need anything else.

If you do not feel 100% confident, I would recommend getting a Heating Engineer or Electrician who does a lot of Heating control wiring.

Do you know what type of system you have?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kenneth Ross

Kenneth Ross New Member

Many thanks, 'Last Plumber'. It's a pumped CH / HW system dating back to 1991, with the original Ideal Mexico RS60 still in service - Got a gas safety certificate on it 4 months ago, and I was only changing the controller because the LCD had failed. All fixed, all good :)