Discuss pump query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nysk2008

hi all,

A very simple question for most of you but want to check first - not seen the job yet.

The pump is a wilo pump on a gravity fed system with a potterton boiler that keeps locking out. This pump is making a gurgling noise when the hot water is boosted, not when the CH is run. Is this air, a knackered pump, shall I just recommend a new pump or a flush? Is a flush relevant when it is making a noise with the hotwater?

Cheers

Automatic airvents , or an air pip on the primary circuit going to the cylinder , sounds like air in the circuit causing the boiler to lock out and the air gurgling through the primarys. If you get the air out boiler should stay on and gurgling should vanish, maybe some sentinal boiler noise reducer may help as well .

Cool, cheers gaspastemania, would this effect the hotwater as only makes this noise when hw on boost?

yes can do , just have nose at the cylinder cupboard see if airvent are working if fitted at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pump query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock