Discuss pump advice for a gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fishhead

Hi all,

Please can i have some expert advice. I have a gravity fed system and i've just bought a lovely mira digital low pressure shower system that comes with a pump specifically for gravity fed systems. This pump will just provide pumped water to the shower.

As i'm also in the process of re-modelling my bathroom i'd like some new bath valves/taps and a bath waste filler. All the ones are like are not compatible with low pressure systems so i'd like to buy a separate pump to feed the bath and sink.

How do i configure the pipe work so that i can have 2 pumps without either one affecting the other?

i'm happy to run a separate cold feed from the tank in the loft to the shower pump but what about the hot?

do i need to use non return valves and if so where?

I hope this is clear. Any help or steer would be greatly received.

Thank you

Fishhead:

Why, if you are refurbing the bathroom, are you using taps that aren't suited to low pressure and then fitting a pump? Would it not make more sense to use taps that ARE suited to what you have?

Ric2013. All the taps I like only seem to be compatible with high pressure systems (not gravity fed) so if I put a pump in this will give the high pressure I need - will it? Surely a pump is the best way to go? I'm very open to advice as I'm a novice. Thank you

Personally I would keep looking for taps, not sure the noise of a pump will be to your liking.

PS. I am sick to death of the sound of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pump advice for a gravity fed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back