Discuss Puma 80e intermittent lock out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dave1

Customer says it lock out when demand for hot water, been there twice working great both times. Anyone had similar problems with this. Cheers.

These can be a bit of a nightmare. 3 boards in these.
First thing is either test the resistance range of DHW thermistor or just change it to rule it out.
Next thing is you probably looking at one of the boards.

Better calling their tech help on this to point you in right direction.

Oh i didi call them... Great bunch of help, not lol
I was thinking could be the dhw micro switch sticking, have left for now to see if problem persists. Thanks though.
If anyone else has any input I'd be grateful in case the job comes back.

I was thinking could be the dhw micro switch sticking, have left for now to see if problem persists. Thanks though.

Sounds like the most likely suspect dave 1 ... not necessarily the switch, more the diaphragm not returning! Watch it and see what happens :)

Will do although like I said was working perfect when there. And they the customer described was when the tap is turned on it goes to lock out.... Although there descriptions are not always the most accurate.

Why would it go to lock out when demand for HW if micro switch sticking?

Had one of these with a sticking microswitch well a permanent pilot version, the sticking switch caused it to keep firing when the tap was switched off, the boiler would then kettle bang and the thermocouple interrupter would shut the gas valve off.

Will do although like I said was working perfect when there. And they the customer described was when the tap is turned on it goes to lock out.... Although there descriptions are not always the most accurate.

TBH you'll know if the switch is sticking, trust me! :)

Why would it go to lock out when demand for HW if micro switch sticking?

Sorry I meant if switch is stuck and then tap closed burners stays on overheats and locks out. That was my thought anyway.

Sorry I meant if switch is stuck and then tap closed burners stays on overheats and locks out. That was my thought anyway.

It does with usually a freeking panic to turn the spur off!! LOL

Agree it would bang about, which customer hasn't complained of. So guess that ruled the micro switch and diaphragm out.

Possible. But would it not dump down heating side then?
You mention in initial post the custard says locks out on demand for H/W. Need to establish if locks out during the opening of tap or is locked out before they actually turn tap on.

Agree it would bang about, which customer hasn't complained of. So guess that ruled the micro switch and diaphragm out.

I wouldn't rule it out :) however what else would be the issue if not the switch dave 1?

Will keep you posted if and when the job comes back to me, it's a difficult one as the customer is an elderly women who is a bit vague when I've questioned her about the fault and when it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Puma 80e intermittent lock out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was...
Replies
Views
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
I have a customers trianco burner that starts from cold ok for a few minutes (say 3minutes) then locks out then will not stay on. Boiler had not...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock