Discuss public sector works money wasting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

migoplumber

firstly, this is my point of view only and in no way reflects the opinion of the forum.

anybody else here do any work for the public sector and knows for fact the ammount of money wasted. i know loads and will share one to start, see if anybody else can add !
at this point of time i know for fact i can save 100's of millions from public money purse. here is first example

a manager friend of mine at a local community centre, was asked to go on a health and safety course (payed for by his employer 600 pounds) he wanted to be able to change light bulbs at his community centre. 2 weeks after completing his course he recieved a written letter explaining that his employer would only permit him to stand on the second rung of the ladder. he couldnt reach the lightbulbs from that step.

he now has to pay fortnightly a sparks 40 quid to change a lightbulb.

40 quid is fair price for 2 hours labour (including call out) and a 1 pound bulb.

but that 40 quid comes out of my council tax. now imagine another 5000 community centres in my area ?!

thats the beginning.

x

All public sector places waste horrendous amounts of money on everything they do from as you said changing a light bulb to major contracts.
A couple of examples of how not to do things up here are the Scottish parliament building, estimated cost 10 million, estimated actual cost 414 million! and the Edinburgh trams estimated at 375 million now heading over a billion for half the original track.

It is easy to spend other peoples money and even easier to take it from a fool.

The private sector wastes huge sums when working for the gov and they still get paid. These private sector contracts cost us a fortune, ie 4gs capital connect

it makes me so mad, cos there is nothing i can do about it without losing my job ! this same manager used to own and run a cleaning company.he now has to use specified contractors. the cleaning company he has to use charges 15k a year to clean 5 days a week. he got a quote from his old company - 9k for 7 days. end result - not allowed they are not approved contractors, ridiculous, another 8k a year by 5000 units just on cleaning. wasted, so somebody gets a back pocket fill up. system makes me sick !

Agree the whole system stinks, the gov says let the private sector get us out of this mess. While still giving out contracts to who they want to not putting it out to tender

I know, I've seen it. The "approved contractor" thing is jobs for the boys and you've got to be a mate of one of the bigwigs to get on it. There's probably loads of backhanders involved. The whole thing stinks.

Sure its a scum , i am happy my self that i do work doing HA work , and actually get to fit this boilers and make my living out of it !!! Some people do need new boilers like 9% and the rest is just to spend the budget

The majority of my work is in government buildings. It happens all the way to the top!

been to a good one today, viessmans wba2 (still not my favorite boiler) viessmans 300 litre cylinder/calorifier, downstairs cct with own pump, upstairs cct with own pump and 3 port, both pump sets on a header, fed by a low loss header. one of the pumps had died and i had not seen the system before so asked supplier for price 280 quid for new pump head only (grundfoss pump with viessman sticker) none in country 10 days from germany. emergency so picked up standard grundfoss 15/60 (70 quid) fitted and working lovely.
this system is a detatched house with 10 rads. a large domestic system imho.
public sector owned and now told i have to order the viessman to restore to its original condition. must be a 7k plantroom. will post pics when downloaded from phone.
the whole thing could of been done by a decent combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to public sector works money wasting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back