Search the forum,

Discuss Prv on flow or return does it matter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassed up

Gas Engineer
Just wondered if anybody has an opinion as to why some manufacturers ask for the prv on a sealed system to be installed on the flow pipework rather than the return?

Always put on the return same with expansion vessel as if you have a big pump could set it off / wear the diaphragm early depending on distance

Cheers for the reply mate but any idea why boiler manufacturers would specify it to be on the flow

Maybe they are stating its fitted before any controls On the system , as shaun says can go on the return always a open circuit back to the boiler cheers kop

Be interesting to see what manufactures said if there was a warranty issue and PRV was on return and they stated flow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Prv on flow or return does it matter? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am trying to install a new single vertical radiator and need to know if matters if the thermostatic valve is connected to the flow or return pipes.
Replies
Views
WB 4000 installed a few months back, just balanced the 7 rads - managed to get around 15 degrees delta across most rads. Not quite the 20 degrees...
Replies
Views
R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced the rads with around 16 degree delta across most rads. I'm trying to make sure that the return...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
Hello folks I've moved into a property last month and started to note things that may need looking at. Some of the radiators on the ground floor...
Replies
Views
Seems strange and I may be reading the MI wrong but i dont understand how the return pipe seems to be hotter than the flow. I have a Vailant...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock