Discuss PRV Correct setting and cons advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now connected to the mains water feed supply and the water tanks in the attic have been disconnected (each flat has a combi gas boiler).

My question is the PRV's on the pipes are set at 1.5 bar is that correct they shouldn't be any lower or higher?

What are the benefits of having PRV'S fitted and if they fall below 1.5 bar then what would happen to the water pressure in the flat would it be weaker? Also what would happen if the PRV was set too high what would happen to the water in the flat then?

Thank you for reading and I would be grateful for your advice :)

Evens the pressure out for all the tenants can I ask is there a problem?

Thanks for the reply, from what I can see there are 4 PRVS in total connected to the pipes (could be 6 in total but I just saw 2 prvs on 2 separate pipes on my side of the attic and two on the other side of the attic, I am on the top floor and there are two flats below me.
I would say my flat is around 10 metres high from the ground up. I was the only person in the building connected to the mains water feed for all my water, and recently everyone else got connected. The water pressure is still the same which is good pressure but now I notice when I run my basin mixer tap, the water and temperature fluctuate if my neighbour is using there bathroom tap is this normal?
Also there is no chance of back flow or water mixing since we are now all connected to the mains feed?
Thank you once again

Yes normal

Yes you shouldn’t need much more as it’s a flat

You mean if the prv fails

If to low you will notice you can pee faster if to high you could get water hammer or depending on your water pressure pre you could pop joints

Thank you I understand better now. If we are all now using mains water can cross contamination or bacteria occur, for example can the water in my flat mix with my neighbours through the pipes or vice versa? How would I know if water was being mixed?

PRV's and isolation valves are on the water pipes in the attic

Reply to PRV Correct setting and cons advice in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Just wanted some confirmation regarding a PRV fitted to the mains supply in my building. All 6 flats in the building are now...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone just checking if this is right regarding water pressure and combi boiler pressure: Do hot and cold water always vary in pressure such...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
I have a PRV between the meter and stopcock in our home. This was fitted sometime ago and I have noticed the gauge does show some fluctuations...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock