Discuss Pros and cons of running boiler gas supply pipe indoors Vs outdoors in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

That's good insight thanks. My incling is to have the pipework under the floor despite the mess and work.
There have been some press reports of copper thieves ripping gas pipes off the side of houses in the UK. The fact it's a news story probably means it's not that common but it's another reason to go inside if you can afford to.

There have been some press reports of copper thieves ripping gas pipes off the side of houses in the UK. The fact it's a news story probably means it's not that common but it's another reason to go inside if you can afford to.
That's a fair point, hadnt thought of that but have heard of such things.

Sorry one last related question on this. We've been given option to either just replace the boiler and gas supply pipe to it or do a full replumb of the central heating and new rads. We're on 8mm mircobore now. I don't have any experience of either and wondering to what extent the house can be put back afterwards without damage to flooring/walls etc. Basically we can't afford to fully refurbish property but would like to get the fundamentals right i.e. electrics and central heating/hot water but not if that means living with holes in walls, floors not put back or damaged. I imagine this is an issue for a lot of customers? We could save and try to do full refurb in one go but I think I'd rather do it in bits and less bothered about cosmetic look of the place to an extent but can only live with so many pipes exposed etc

What are they planning on re pipe if it with copper ? Plastic etc

Aslong as it’s not 10mm plastic

Reply to Pros and cons of running boiler gas supply pipe indoors Vs outdoors in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

N
  • Question
I am undergoing a whole house refurb including new plumbing, boiler, rads etc. I specifically asked for new copper pipes throughout the property...
Replies
Views
Northgan
N
Hi all, I have an old toilet on the top floor (to be removed) which empties into an outdoor vertical SVP and into the ground. The pipe is...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
British Gas servicing the above boiler ramped up the boiler to maximum in the installer menu to do flue gas analysis. They also measured the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock