Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Propane vs Propans/Butane Mix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both will be fine. The propane butane will burn slightly hotter but not work at as low a temperature as the propane only.

It's for a Superfire 2 torch, I don't think it mentions anything about accepting butane, but how would a different gas damage it?

i don't think your second choice will actually fit your superfire 2. i may be wrong though

It's for a Superfire 2 torch, I don't think it mentions anything about accepting butane, but how would a different gas damage it?

it probably wont. some cheaper torches cant withstand the extra temps you may get from something like mapp.

for the superfire, propane is more than adequate up to 42mm.
Dont use mapp if you are a soldering novice. It burns very hot

I'm a novice so don't fancy going down the MAPP route just yet. So is the second 'best' option 100% propane?? When do you guys decide to use a propane/butane mix, or is the decision only between 100% propane vs MAPP?

really the decision is only between 100% propane and mapp. the other type are only really for the diyer imho.

really the decision is only between 100% propane and mapp. the other type are only really for the diyer imho.

For the plumber then yes either mapped or propane. Butane mixes are not necessarily for diy ers though as they do have a proper application. My dad uses Butane and he's a professional......decorator. Its used for burning paint off. He also uses a shavehook

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Propane vs Propans/Butane Mix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system...
Replies
Views
P
French Plumbing Sorry that this is over 4 postings, it was too much for one posting, so please bear with me There is not much difference...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock