Search the forum,

Discuss problems with brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JimmyPlumber77

Hi Guys

I'm starting to use Honeywell (2/3 ports & Controls) but i've been told to expect problems soon, heard the same for Drayton! Has anyone had issues with these brands at all? Should I look out for particular problems?

I've always been told that Honeywell are top dog for controls, especially zone valves.

Only problem with Honeywell is the price. OK if specified, but difficult to justify in a competitive quote for customer who just wants a working system.

Hi Guys

I'm starting to use Honeywell (2/3 ports & Controls) but i've been told to expect problems soon, heard the same for Drayton! Has anyone had issues with these brands at all? Should I look out for particular problems?

I've never used anything but Honeywell zone valves. They're the best in my opinion.
Bit dear but I've never had one fail. I've fitted many !

I've never used anything but Honeywell zone valves. They're the best in my opinion.
Bit dear but I've never had one fail. I've fitted many !

I have had loads fail but may have fitted one or two more in my time. There are others but its honeywell for me everytime

I have alway fitted Honeywell , but have had a few go down , they sure aint what they used to be !!

Mark on here fits EBsomething , and loves them , hopefully he will see this

Sorry to say this, but Honeywell 2 port valves are rubbish.
As we know, they are usually what is supplied with unvented cylinders and I can confirm they are failing. The works inside wears and slips on the teeth. Very badly designed.
Don't let the nice strong looking metal cover convince you that they are quality. Maybe in the past they were good, but no longer.
I actually now rate Myson MVs as good or better than any others and reasonable cost.

Last edited:
Most of centre brand stuff is either myson or honeywell .

The only difference you get a plumbcenter warranty

Honeywell! Still waiting for my certificate from six months ago. Got tee shirt and pen though.

All the above just goes to show that it's all a matter of experience and opinion !

Just like most things in life.

Some people rate Keston boilers, I think they're not fit for storing plants in !

( my opinion of course ).

You need to try em and decide for yourself really. ( Honeywell ).

Always fitted Honeywell and yes had a few problems but then they are what they are, things will always go wrong with them.

How much are you guys paying for them if you think they are too dear??

2 port £60 ish plus vat
3 port £85 ish plus vat
I think that's fairly reasonable but I've always used em so no idea how much other makes are.

So come on let's have some other brands and prices, along with your faves

2 port £60 ish plus vat
3 port £85 ish plus vat
I think that's fairly reasonable but I've always used em so no idea how much other makes are.

So come on let's have some other brands and prices, along with your faves

Id say have a word with your merchant!! that's a lot more then I would be happy to pay!

I bought some Honeywell S-Plan heat packs which have an st9400a programmer plus 2 of the Honeywell 2 ports and the usual room & cylinder stats all for £60 + vat.
I don't like the Honeywell valves reliability, but will do for replacing any on unvented units or else I will sell them

I bought some Honeywell S-Plan heat packs which have an st9400a programmer plus 2 of the Honeywell 2 ports and the usual room & cylinder stats all for £60 + vat.
I don't like the Honeywell valves reliability, but will do for replacing any on unvented units or else I will sell them

Bargain.
Is this down to us all living in different bits of the world do you think ?

I wonder why people have different experiences with the same thing.
e.g. I always recommend and install Vaillant boilers whether commercial or domestic. I prefer them to any other and touch wood, I've only had two or three give probs over the last 7 or eight years.
My mate has had no end of trouble, hates them, recommends anything but Vaillant.

How does that happen ?

What are your thoughts best ?

Bargain.
Is this down to us all living in different bits of the world do you think ?

I wonder why people have different experiences with the same thing.
e.g. I always recommend and install Vaillant boilers whether commercial or domestic. I prefer them to any other and touch wood, I've only had two or three give probs over the last 7 or eight years.
My mate has had no end of trouble, hates them, recommends anything but Vaillant.

How does that happen ?

What are your thoughts best ?

Definitely some regions have different prices and materials, - even where I am.
Seems strange to me why some merchants only sell certain types of boilers and rads, which IMO means that limits their customers. But I suppose it is down to pricing and also what their nearby merchants sell.
Materials are often bought on personal experience and if you have one or two problems with a particular brand, it tends to put you off buying it again. Also can depend on whether you are just an installer, or if you do maintainence which could teach you what is better made and more reliable, easier to service etc.
I bought the Honeywell heat packs when they were on offer. Sorry I didn't buy more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problems with brands? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock