Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Problems with a saniflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adam Edwards!

Hi, our 2year old Saniflo macerating unit has decided to stop working. When in situ it hums but the blades do not turn,nor does the pump pump. However after taking it out everything works IF the blades are given a little kick start. Any ideas as to the problem?

Could be capacitor problem? Have you checked this?? Chances are you'll see it has a fault
Have you put something down the toilet you perhaps shouldn't have?
Saniflo expert will be along soon....

Last edited:
Tomplumb I think couldve hit d nail on the head. I know baby wipes are great for getting stuck around the blades ( that and ladies tights or knickers I have removed from the blades from restaurants and pubs etc.)

Did these ladies not feel the draught on the way home??and why flush down toilet I thought it was just us guys that followed through ..you learn something everyday eh..On a serious note do remember to isolate electricity supply to saniflo whilst working on it also them blades are mighty sharp so beware

Tomplumb I think couldve hit d nail on the head. I know baby wipes are great for getting stuck around the blades ( that and ladies tights or knickers I have removed from the blades from restaurants and pubs etc.)
So have I, especially around Christmas time, don't know why they suddenly start pooing themselves so much at this time of the year ??

I don't know what would we do without the fairer sex !!!

OP,er have you checked that there is nothing in the pump chamber or wound around either shaft?

Otherwise we have a technical term in the plumbing industry for this state it is Foocked !! (god my spelling is getting worse)

Could be capacitor problem? Have you checked this?? Chances are you'll see it has a fault
Have you put something down the toilet you perhaps shouldn't have?
Saniflo expert will be along soon....

10/10 Tom.
If it spins with a little flick of the blades with a screwdriver but otherwise just hums then it is most likely the capacitor may as well change the membrane whilst your at it coz that will be the next part to fail.
PM me for cost of parts and fitting instructions.

Thanks I'll check the capacitors when I've discovered where they are.

Disconnect pump from power supply, remove pump from tank and turn pump upside down. Unclip the white clip from around the rubber membrane and remove the membrane. The capacitor is inside the electrical chamber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problems with a saniflo in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys....we have an old Astracast sink top....I think its a composite sink....has a big single bowl. My wife thinks it looks scruffy....looks...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock