Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss problem with pump and fan overrunning after swapping pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

belfastchris

Hi i hope someone can shed some light on a problem with my Glowworm Xtramax boiler.

I have moved to a new house and recently Ive disovered a weep or two from my HW pumps manifold housing which i can only assume is a hairline crack hard to tell or see (it looks like previous owner may have bodged a fix with Glue at somepoint..) anyhow i picked up a second hand pump on ebay and fitted late last night - all seemed well on fitting and firing up with no leaks so i went onto bed- i woke at 4am and could still hear the boiler humming away and went to investiage - the caution symbol was on and when i restarted boiler it reported an overheat error code - i shut it off - reseated the HWP connection at the PCB and fired it up again - and noticed that once the hot water finishes firing the gas pilot light goes out ok but the pump and fan continually run on and on - not switching over to the radiators at any point of turing off ( i imagine this caused the overheat error as the pump was v hot at 4am)

If i switch the boiler to only radiators that works ok and turns fan and RAD pump off once finished (which is the setting i have left it on now im in work)

My query is could a pump that is 'pumping' be at fault for this problem? or is there something inside the pump housing or motor that would cause this? the problem didnt exist before with my leaky pump -

im contemplating swapping the good manifold onto the old housing - but want to ask other opinions of what to check first..
thanks!

chris

Humm opens up a combi, has an issue. Fails to read forum rules?

You really need a qualified gas engineer to come in as you shouldn't be opening up boiler. Mainly as what appears simple isn't and when you go to bed thinking it's all ok you may not wake at 4am instead just stay asleep!

Copy and paste in to google

Carbon monoxide poisoning from illegal gas work

rip3.jpg

Lucky you! If you'd like to wake up again, call a Gas Safe engineer!

thanks i appreciate that, it was last minute as my engineer cant come until tonight and the water leak had got progressivly worse,
I havent and wouldnt ever touch any Gas related components - Can someone shed light on solution to give my plumber a head start later on tonight? thanks

Lucky you! If you'd like to wake up again, call a Gas Safe engineer!

thanks i appreciate that, it was last minute as my engineer cant come until tonight and the leak had got progressivly worse,
I havent and wouldnt ever touch any Gas related components - Can someone shed light on solution to give my plumber a head start later on tonight? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem with pump and fan overrunning after swapping pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock