Discuss Problem with communal central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jacqueline

Hello everyone! I'm a new member to this forum but the posts seemed very helpful and I was hoping to see if anyone could give me any information about my problem since I am completely clueless about plumbing.
I live in flats with a communal central heating system and a new boiler was recently installed however since that time and during the whole christmas period I have got no heating from the radiators in my flat. The radiators used to work perfectly before then but the management agency in my building is being a complete nightmare and keep telling me the problem is with my own radiators and they will not be able to do anything. I have asked other people in the building and they have had no heating too although some others say that they are okay. I have had problems with my radiators leaking before and the agency said this is due to the fact that the radiators have been moved too far away from the risers that serve them. Although once I changed the old radiators I had no problems with the heating up and till the new boiler was installed but they claim that my problem is ultimately the result again of the radiators being too far away from the risers that serve them even though they also mention that there has been an underground leak affecting some of the flats in my side of the building but they still argue that even fixing that will not solve my problem. No one has actually checked my radiators and I have also bled them to see if there is a bubble but only cold water comes out. I'm so sorry for the long post but I just wanted to know if there was an actual way to check that the problem is due to my radiators being too far away from their risers (though I am also unsure about what this actually means) and also shouldn't that mean that the radiators which are in their original untouched position be working? Sorry again for the long post and I would be grateful for any help!!!

if they worked before the boiler was changed they should work now, tell the agency to pull their fingers out and stop giving you bs

Must be doing a Boris on major savings here!
How many floors levels there???
Are the occupants above or below have the same issues with no central heating??
Are you getting hot water??

Thank you so much for the replies! This management agency has been a nightmare from the beginning! I have hot water in the house but the radiators in my flat do not work. There are 7 floors in the building and my flat is on the second floor and from the people I do know experiencing problems the flats on the 4th and 5th directly above mine have problems as well as my neighbour. I think I need to find out who else are having more issues but the management agency are making it so hard to find out.

Greenwich Woolwich Arsenal????

Tell the management agency that if they don't sort it pdq then you will get Pimlico plumbers in to fix and send them a bill.

You need to do a leaflet drop to EVERY flat asking;

If the Heating / Hot water works,
AND if it works a good as it did before the boiler change.

Collect the results and hand them to the Agent, whether the heating is working or not.

Once they see everyone is involved they may wake up.

As above. If all other flats are having issues its a block problem. If it's just you then there's a problem in your flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with communal central heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Could someone help with a issue I have been having with my vertical radiator. I have one vertical radiator in my bungalow and it does not...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10...
Replies
Views
Hi to all, I have bought a new radiator as replacement for old one. After installation by plumber, the new radiator is heating up only to 1/3...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock