Discuss Problem with Baxi Solo HE - help please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TimHoward

I'm having a problem with my Baxi Solo HE Boiler - casn anyone help please? It keeps powering itself off completely and has no power light on the front panel. This has now happened a 3 times in the last day and I've managed to get the power light back on and the boiler fired up by a combination of reset, power off, reset etc, but no specific process has worked every time here.

Can anyone please help? I've no specific knowledge of this boiler, but can't understand why its losing mains power here - is there an internal trip that can reset itself or be reset?

Its currently in a faield state and has no lights on the front panel and no combiantion of powering off / resetting etc seem to be able resurrect it this time.

Any ideas?

I've looked for a manual but can't seem to find one.

All help appreciated
Thanks

sounds to me like a loose wire on the mains in you prodding around on it probably moved the wire and made the connection when you 'fixed it ' before

That's great, thanks. I've managed to get the boiler fired up again, by checking all PCB connectors and removing / replacing etc, but a quick question - should the green "ON" LED be lit at all times? Or only when the boiler is fired up?
Thanks
Tim

I'm still having trouble with the Baxi Solo HE boiler. Can't now get it to fire at all. Maybe its the Electronics etc? I've got no lights at all, and I can't get it to fire up, even though I've set the controller to "on" permanantly and the thermostat up high and the thermostat does click on too, so the thermostat seems to be working.

Any ideas? Thanks

Thanks, I'm not sure whether its actualy the remote controller, as putting it on "timed" seems to get it to work (As it did fire this morning on the timer, but "constant" mode doesn't seem to fire the boiler - can't be sure yet though. Constant did work before so maybe that's at fault?

Thanks for the advice..

Solo HE is fed from a switched live so the green on light only illuminates when there is a demand

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old post for my first post, but this looks *similar* to an issue I thinking may have with my Baxi Solo 18 HE a boiler. Recently the 3-way (or 2-way, can't remember) valve got stuck, so the heating was always on when we just wanted hot water. British Gas fixed that, but I did notice that the boiler only ever has a power light when there is some form if demand. So, in the middle of the night when the heating and water are off, there are no lights whatsoever on the boiler. I understand the flame light not coming on, as there's no demand, so the boiler isn't doing anything, but I thought that the power light should always be on to show that...well... it has power!

So am I wrong in thinking that at least the power light should always be on? I'm pretty sure it used to be until the 3-way valve broke.

Thanks!

hi and welcome this boiler does not require a permanent live, so power light only on when there is demand.
have just checked mi's

hi and welcome this boiler does not require a permanent live, so power light only on when there is demand.
have just checked mi's

Hi,

Thanks for that. Puts my mind at rest. I was pretty sure that the Power light was always on whatever the dtate previously, but maybe that wasn't the case. In any case, it all seems to be working well now!

Thanks!

can anyone help please. I have the bxi solo 15HE and it works fine in the daytime but as soon as it goes off at night it wont come back on in the morning until we press reset and then it starts up immediately. The gas engineer originally thought the electrode but that cant be because it starts first time when reset button is pressed. Could it be air in the system as we recently removed a gas fire?

can anyone help please. I have the bxi solo 15HE and it works fine in the daytime but as soon as it goes off at night it wont come back on in the morning until we press reset and then it starts up immediately. The gas engineer originally thought the electrode but that cant be because it starts first time when reset button is pressed. Could it be air in the system as we recently removed a gas fire?
This plumbing forum will not provide advice to anybody with regards to boiler repairs or any other form of gas plumbing without you first providing us with your Gas Safe Registration number in a thread - for very obvious reasons. If you're not qualified to touch gas, you should stay well clear of trying to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with Baxi Solo HE - help please? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Hello, I have a Bosch 35CDi, and today found all the lights flashing on the front. Normally I can reset the boiler, but this did not work. There...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
W
  • Question
My Worcester Combi Boiler is not working, instead the display flashes on and off repeatedly, as shown in <a href=" View...
Replies
Views
My Zanussi gas oven has 4 gas rings and 2 gas ovens (the smaller top oven has a grill). (Model ZCG664GNC). There are 6 gas knobs (gas taps you...
Replies
Views
My Grant combi oil boiler is giving me quite a headache at the moment. When I returned home last Friday I'd no heating or hot water. An engineer...
Replies
Views
Would like some help please as my Drayton Wiser system is a mess. I had 2 TRVs in the lounge, one in the main bedroom, the rest of the house - 6...
Replies
Views
Back