Search the forum,

Discuss Pro Screw boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

T & H Plumbing

Hi chaps im a little stuck and cant really find anything usefull

im after a box of screws (the ones with different sizes in one box) sutible for plumbers anyone know of any decent ones on the market?

I've got a 2 tier one from Toolstation 2 1/2.8's and 10s 3+4 and plugs in bottoms 2-10s and smaller in top

Screws are screws surely? always helpful to have a large selection and then just replace as they get used.

edit

Also, as you are just setting up in business I wouldnt worry about stocking up too much. Buy what you need for each job for a while, you'll eventually find your stock of things increasing slowly and you wont have spent a fortune early on in your career.

Last edited by a moderator:
Howdens joinery (kitchen suppliers) do a decent metal case full of screws, also Screwfix of course, I have a case from both places.

if you can hold out with just a couple of sizes till the new year.
screwfix usually have some in the sale at really low prices,
I got 5 boxes! for £40 inclusive of vat ( that 5x£8 )

Screwfix quick silver are good for fixing into masonry. They are not really meant for fixing into wood though so get a tray of gold screws or gold plus for this. I do a lot of work with a joiner so get fussy about what I use!

I carry quicksilver, goldscrew, and turbo gold and use what ever suits the job.

2" 8s 2" 10s 3"10 that's my usual shopping list

Yep, that's pretty much it. I keep a few 1 1/4" and 1" for more delicate stuff like ply for boxing-in but mainly the biggies for hanging boilers and pipe clips etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pro Screw boxes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I need to drain my vokera 29 boiler in the attic as Im going away for 4 weeks at least to make sure there are no frozen pipes. In my small 3rd floor flat, I have a radiator in the front room and one in the hall (very close to each other), there is a drainage valve on one of these. My back...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping someone might be able to help with this. The tap is a Bristan RS BAS C, the hot tap has been leaking and I've trying to get the tap off to clean the cartridges, but cant get the sphere at the end off there. Looking at the diagram, it seems that you should be able to pop the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I know nothing about plumbing 🤦‍♂️ and am trying to sort out a leaking kitchen tap. It's a Franke Davos 'J' Tap. I turned off the water to the sink and took off the screws at the end of the handles (also the spout, although that may not have been necessary). I thought the handles should just...
Replies
Views
    • Optimistic
Hello All, I know that this is a question for a Forum Moderator and probably should be posted in a section about the Forum itself but I was hoping to get some replies from Members about whether this is happening to anyone else: When I logged into the Forum this afternoon and went to look down...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, Does anyone know where to find out what size the O rings are in a Mira 723 service kit as I have one (at the pointy end of the piston/spindle) that keeps failing and I cannot afford to keep spending £23 to get one O ring. It is part "G" on the 723 instructions. Any help very...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock