Discuss pricing up for little job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
No PTFE or paste on compression joints at all and I don't get any leaks - if one weeps I pinch it up and job is done! . . . .

Surely you will have leaks if you do every compression joint dry?
A seized up fitting or one with a slight bit of white corrosion on the brass fitting or green at pipe is a leak, slight that it may be! I have never seen a job full of unpasted brass compression joints that hasn't leaks, especially with the cheap fittings nowadays.

Supper plumb,

You r a inspiration to us plumbers, why the hell have we spent years and years understanding the trade when you come and do jobs like this.

Seriously... Your obviously incapable of understanding the VERY basics in how a olive seals onto the pipe.

Give up plumbing or join a REAL plumber who can teach you.

This has to be a wind up...

Neve ever had one.

Never one leak? Not even microscopic leaks that appear as corrosion, weeks, months or years later?
Do you ever use standard compression fittings, or ballofix valves for example? You will have leaks without paste. There is no magic touch a plumber can do that will make tightening a nut a special leak proof job.

Never one leak? Not even microscopic leaks that appear as corrosion, weeks, months or years later?
Do you ever use standard compression fittings, or ballofix valves for example? You will have leaks without paste. There is no magic touch a plumber can do that will make tightening a nut a special leak proof job.

Stop bullying keefy or ill report you!!

Still waiting for my first leak, it'll come one day I know that, but so far I've had none. For some reason though, I bought a tub of JetBlue today. Subliminal thought in my head from reading this thread I suppose?

I don't know why it's so hard to believe there are people out there who have always done their compression fittings right. I never leave a job without checking round every joint I've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pricing up for little job in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock