Discuss pressure test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

leekemp85

hi
can anyone advise me on the best and cheapest way to test the water pressure in my house. I have had two electric showers and a washing machine break down in the last 3 years (since moving in to my house). The last time my shower broke down i got it repaired but the man said the pressure in my house is high and that's whats causing the problems.

i would like to test it before I ring my water provider.

many thanks, Lee

If high pressure is your problem, you would be better to install a pressure reducing valve on the incomming cold water mains. The pressure is adjustable and idealy you would set it to arond 2bars. By the time you have purchased a pressure guage to confirm the high pressure it would be cheaper to buy a PRV at around £30
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressure test in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock