Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure drop not enough to fire dhw combi in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

G

GazzaQ

Currently have 14Mx15mm run from combi to tap dhw. If I replaced the last 6M section with 22mm pipe would this help? Taps closer to boiler have no problems firing the boiler.

No I’m guessing your having problems with an outlet ?

Some Combi‘s have a Venturi which can affect hot water delivery. What actually happens when running hot water for the furthest outlets?
What actually happens is we get no hot water. The pressure from the hot tap seems too low to fire up the boiler. I'm asking will changing to 22mm from 15mm for the last 6M help increase the demand on the boiler?

Do you have a decent cold pressure where the problem area is ?

It’s flow rather than pressure.

Could be partially blocked aerator on tap. Remove and clean if you can. Test with aerator off.

Is it thermostatic? Could be dodgy cartridge allowing cold through when it should be hot. If cold coming through, then boiler doesn’t know to come on.

Disconnect tap connections under tap, run hot feed into a bucket and see if boiler comes on.

Reply to Pressure drop not enough to fire dhw combi in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
I have an Ariston combi e on lpg, the gas pressure drops from a lovely 37mb to 0 the second gas valve opens and fan starts to run, usually would...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock